A fundraiser for a noble cause is often what the society needs. By pooling in money, we can help those in need. But fundraiser events often attract large crowds. So, they are best held outdoors.
Outdoor venues don’t limit you for space, and can accommodate large crowds, way better than indoor venues. You can also get a lot more creative in the outdoors. And, when the sun is out and shining, people love to have fun in the open air! This is where the custom tent comes in handy.
Can you imagine an outdoor fundraiser without a custom tent? We think not. Over the years, custom printed pop up tents have become the mainstay for everything from fundraisers to farmers’ markets. But what do they bring to the table that makes them so desirable?
- Outdoor canopy tents provide safe shelter from the sun and the rain. They keep visitors warm and dry, when the weather decides to play spoilsport.
- Event tents are the mainstay for brands trying to promote themselves in outdoor events. Because these accessories can be tailored to user specifications, brand owners tend to use custom tents as canvases to display their brand logos and slogans.
- A large custom tent, coupled with accessories like detachable PVC walls, flooring and roofs, can serve as the perfect venue for corporate parties and fundraiser events. It makes for the perfect mix of outdoor fun and indoor security.
In this article, we will understand how to plan a fundraiser event with a custom tent and turn it into a success.
- Watch out for the weather
Rainy season and winter are your worst enemies when it comes to hosting outdoor fundraisers. The best time of the year for all outdoor events is during spring, summer, autumn and early winter. But summer days can get particularly hot and humid in tropical regions. It is advisable to arrange your event in the evening in such scenarios.
It is always good to be prepared. Follow weather forecasts prior to your event. Modern event tents have canopies made of PVC. PVC being naturally UV and waterproof, your custom tent should be able to give you and your guests ample protection in case it’s too hot outside or the sky gets gloomy. But we advise you not to take your chances with inclement weather.
Here’s some useful tips for you:
- If you must organise your fundraiser in the winter months, keep provisions for starting a bonfire. Bonfires in winter are fun. People love to bond and make merry around them.
- Outdoor fundraisers are fun in summer months. But if it’s in the middle of summer, make sure to keep your guests hydrated and full with refreshments.
- Mellow light fixtures, wooden furniture and an aesthetically designed custom tent add to the overall ambience.
- Go for a similar setup is spring and autumn.
- A word on themes
Outdoor events become more fun and engaging with themes. You may experiment with the following suggestions for themes.
- Music fest
- Pop Art
Your imagination is your only limit!
Once you have decided on the theme, ask your tent manufacturer to build a custom printed pop up tent that goes with the occasion. They will be happy to oblige.
- What do your guests need?
Preparing a checklist for provisions is a must. Here’s some suggestions for things to look out for.
- Event tent: It’s your shelter solution, after all!
- Refreshments: You don’t want to leave your guests hungry and thirsty.
- Seating arrangements: Try to choose tables and chairs that go with your theme.
- Light fixtures.
- A steady power supply.
- Exit plan for emergencies.
- Waste disposal.
This is only a suggestive list. The actual list might get longer depending on the scale of your event.
- Planning the Layout
Outdoor venues give you a lot of freedom in terms of space. But this can become debilitating sometimes. What do you do with so much space? Here’s a few tips:
- Divide the available space into zones.
- Position custom tents strategically. For fundraisers, the ideal setup will have one large tent for the main event surrounded by multiple smaller ones to serve victuals and to keep guests engaged with fun activities.
- Why should fundraisers be boring for the kids? Keep a separate fun-zone for them, if you can.
- Like we mentioned earlier: if your fundraiser is in the middle of winter, you can do well by keeping a separate zone for bonfires.
Get the creative juices flowing and work on ideas, you feel, can appeal to your guests.
- Impact on environment
Remember: Your event mustn’t have a negative impact on the environment. Waste management is crucial to any outdoor event. Make it your top priority to keep your venue clean and hygienic.
There are custom tents galore in the market. Check out the X5, X6, X7 and Q8 range of outdoor canopy tents from Extreme Canopy. Weatherproof and durable, these tents are built to last. All in all, these accessories return great value for money.
Remember: You want your accessory to be cost effective in the long run, not cheap. Also, the cumulative expenditure of hiring tents proves to be much more than owning one. Invest wisely.
Follow the suggestions given above and turn your fundraiser into a grand success.