Blockchain is the new buzzword in town and a relatively recent addition to the world of advanced technologies. Blockchain is basically an encryption-based technology widely used in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Blockchain technology is generally considered safe due to its high immutability and distribution through a digital ledger. When it comes to pursuing Blockchain technology as a career, many new opportunities are available due to the increasing popularity of cryptocurrency. There are many benefits of taking up a Blockchain Certification to pursue it professionally.
In this article, we will focus on Blockchain technology at large and how you can benefit from top rated blockchain certification courses from KnowledgeHut for your career.
Overview of Blockchain Technology
Blockchain is a new technology that has revolutionized the way values and information are exchanged over the internet. It can be used by anyone; therefore, it is possible to run and own a blockchain. Blockchain works by linking a series of dependent information which are developed and secured to form a complete chain of safe transactions.
Types of Blockchain
Blockchain can be divided into four broad categories:
- Private Blockchain: Such blockchains have access restrictions, and access to such blockchains requires the permission of the owner. Hyperledger is a type of private blockchain. Such blockchains are centralized.
- Public Blockchain: Public blockchains are decentralized, and by the name itself, they are accessible to anyone who wishes to access the network for validating or requesting any transaction. Bitcoin is a popular example.
- Hybrid Blockchain (Consortium): This kind of Blockchain technology is a combination of private and public blockchain methodology.
- Sidechain: It is a blockchain that runs parallel to any other blockchain allowing the exchange of digital assets, which improves efficiency and scalability.
Benefits of Blockchain Technology Certification
As businesses around the world realize the potential and security of Blockchain technology, they are fast-moving and adapting to this advanced technology which has created a rise in demand for professionals adept in Blockchain technology. With the best blockchain certification, learn the nuances of cryptocurrency technology as well as other technical domains spanning Financial Services, Technology, Energy, Automotives, etc., and learn how to leverage cryptography and other such blockchain-based applications to help establish your career as a Blockchain developer.
Here are some of the distinct benefits of taking up a blockchain certification.
1. Increase Your Appeal
Businesses that deal in blockchain technology or are looking to solidify their business security for digital transactions online look for certified blockchain developers. The blockchain certification proves your proficiency in this field of technology and allows you to stand out in front of your employers. With the best blockchain certification, you can spread your wings in the horizons of related fields like full-stack blockchain developer, cryptocurrency trader, etc.
2. Expand Career Opportunities
Certification in blockchain technology can help you with the essential credentials required to become a blockchain developer, which makes you eligible to apply for blockchain-based job roles. It helps you demonstrate your skills in integrating blockchain technology into an organization’s systems to enhance security. This allows you to apply for a wide range of blockchain-based job opportunities.
3. Flexible Integration
Blockchain technology has found its way into other non-IT spheres of life, such as commodity trading (think, Non-Fungible Tokens), real estate, etc. As such, having solid knowledge of blockchain technology upon pursuing a certification course can let you use your knowledge and skills in areas where blockchain can be easily integrated.
As proficient blockchain developers, you will be able to research the addition of Blockchain technology in other aspects of life to make everyday transactions more secure. As more and more organizations are adopting blockchain technology alongside the Internet of Things, having knowledge of such technology can help you be a driving force in your organization for smoother adoption of advanced technologies.
4. Best Placement Opportunities
You can reap the benefits of blockchain technology in a business by maximizing its optimal use, and for that, you need to have profound knowledge of the subject. As Blockchain developers, you will be responsible for the implementation, documentation, and reporting of blockchain for a company or business entity. This entails that you will be handling sensitive and confidential information and encasing them in strong security to defend against cyber-attacks, getting you top positions in a company with important responsibilities. To be eligible for such positions of responsibility as a blockchain developer, having a blockchain certification in your bag will definitely provide the first stepping stone.
5. Increase Your Access to Newer Technology
Since blockchain technology is highly integrable with other new and old technologies, you will always be in the loop of news about newer and more advanced technologies. As a blockchain developer, you would be impelled to work towards integration and updating existing blockchain systems with newer technologies. This will not only make you an indispensable member of your organization but also help you stay on top of trends.
6. Competitive Advantage Over Non-certified Counterparts
It is safe to say that having a blockchain certification will give you a competitive advantage over your non-certified peers. You will be specially trained by experts in the field to master the in-depth concepts of blockchain technology. You get to have practical hands-on experience in the certification training, which allows you to learn better and grasp the concepts easily. This will especially come in handy during interviews.
Freshers with no experience in Blockchain technology are eligible for the blockchain certification course; however, having the following skills is desired:
- Basic programming knowledge
- Mathematics skills.
To Sum Up
If you own a business yourself or want to get employed as a blockchain developer, getting a blockchain certification can be a game changer. As a business owner, you can benefit from blockchain technology in the form of protection against cyber threats, thus improving the competitiveness and security of your business. As an emerging technology, knowledge of blockchain technology will help you leverage the usability and applicability of blockchain in your place of employment/work. KnowledgeHut provides the best blockchain certification, which is a dedicated and comprehensive course to learn about blockchain technology and increase your employability chances through skill enhancement and training.
1. What is blockchain?
Blockchain is essentially a distributed database that supports a chain of ordered interactions linked through cryptography. Blockchain can be centralized or decentralized depending on the need and infrastructure available. A centralized blockchain cannot be accessed without the permission of the owner.
2. What is the difference between blockchain and cryptocurrency?
Blockchain is a secure storage technology that can store data by centralization or decentralization, whereas cryptocurrency is a form of digital currency which is made using blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency is encrypted data comprising units of currency, but blockchain can hold various information in linked blocks.
3. Are Bitcoin and Blockchain the same?
Bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency that contains units of currency and can be transferred on the peer-to-peer cryptocurrency network. Blockchain is the technology behind the working of Bitcoin. Bitcoin usually operates on anonymity, while blockchain is transparent. Bitcoin has restricted use as currency, whereas Blockchain has many other functions beyond cryptocurrency, such as transferring digital assets, rights, etc.
4. Who is eligible for the blockchain certification course?
Although freshers and experienced individuals can join the blockchain certification course, pursuing the blockchain certification course can benefit you if you are a:
- Technology Enthusiast
- Business Manager
- Project Manager
- Aspiring Blockchain Professional
- Beginner in Blockchain
5. How to become a blockchain developer?
To become a Blockchain developer, you need to follow a roadmap of your own and see what works for you. You can include some of the following ways to become a blockchain developer:
- Start by developing strong foundational knowledge of blockchain technology upon which you can build your skills.
- Ensure that you have the required additional knowledge for learning blockchain technology, such as programming languages, databases, data structures, etc.
- Familiarize yourself with the foundational working basics of Blockchain, such as applications, architecture, and functions.
- Know about trending applications of blockchain technology such as Ethereum.
- Develop a solid knowledge of protocols and instructions that are necessary for automation in blockchain to ensure the reduction of error.
- Solidify your theoretical knowledge of blockchain technology with hands-on experience from training.
The easiest way to access most of the above-mentioned ways is to enroll in the best blockchain certification course, where you can get comprehensive guidance and hands-on training for all-inclusive development in the skills of blockchain technology.
6. Why is learning blockchain important?
As an emerging sector in the field of information technology, blockchain technology is here to stay. Companies and businesses realize the potential of blockchain technology which they want to leverage to maximize profit and security of information. Some of the top IT corporations like Sony and Microsoft are on a hiring drive for experienced and skilled blockchain developers. Having a blockchain certification will help you demonstrate your credentials as proficient in the knowledge of blockchain technology.
7. What skills are required for learning blockchain?
Blockchain developers are expected to be proficient in certain areas of information technology, such as programming languages, data structures, databases and storage, cryptography, and computer networking, to name a few. With the increasing complexity of responsibility, the requirements will differ. Having basic functional knowledge of the above-mentioned skills is required since they are essential to learning blockchain.
8. Is blockchain technology a good career?
Blockchain is a booming industry with many new opportunities coming up as more and more companies are shifting towards the adoption of blockchain technology, creating a demand for certified blockchain developers. Deciding to pursue a career in blockchain technology will definitely be rewarding and make for a successful career choice ahead.
9. How to learn blockchain step by step?
Here’s your guide to learning blockchain step by step:
- First, start by understanding the fundamental concepts essential to learn in blockchain technology, such as cryptographic hashing, asymmetric key cryptography, and peer-to-peer networks. You also need to learn about Ledger and the recording of transactions in a Ledger, along with other concepts related to Ledger.
- You have to be well versed in the technical terminologies in Blockchain, such as Authentication, Mining, Nonce, Proof of Work, Transaction, Consensus, creating and adding blocks, etc.
- You can install a multichain (a fork of the bitcoin blockchain) to get some hands-on learning experience with it.
- To solidify your practical knowledge of blockchain, you can create your own private blockchain using multichain for experimenting on your own.
- Check out other blockchain use cases in Ethereum, Hyperledger, etc.
- Learn about solidity and smart contract development tools.
- You can get hands-on working experience by writing your own smart contract, deploying, and experimenting.
10. Do I need to learn to code for blockchain technology?
Although it is not necessary to learn coding or any programming languages to start learning blockchain, it certainly does help you have knowledge of common programming languages like Python and C. Programming languages are not an essential part of learning blockchain technology. Even if you do not possess the knowledge of such programming languages, after completing a blockchain certification course, it will hardly matter anymore.
11. Is learning blockchain technology hard?
Learning a new technology can seem quite frightening, especially one which involves quite some intricate and subtle knowledge of things; blockchain technology is not as hard as one might think. With the help of the correct certification course, you can master the skills of blockchain technology by learning readily employable skills and making a good impression on your potential employers/recruiters.
12. How long is a blockchain certification course?
Depending on the intensity and the mode of the course (full-time or part-time), it can take about three months or thrice as much time to complete a blockchain certification course.
|Trademark Compliance||Trademark compliance is required for all certifications (we have provided the list of courses with trademarks); please ensure this is used||Do the certification names have trademarks?||Done|
|General Guidelines||When talking about KH, refer to it in third-person||Is KnowledgeHut mentioned in third person?||Done|
|When quoting statistics of any kind, mention its source too||Are sources cited wherever statistics are included?||Done|
|Structure||Ensure headings and content are related to the subject being discussed||Is there a clear flow of content across the blog?||Done|
|Open the blog with an introduction||Is there an introductory paragraph?||Done|
|Finish the blog with a closing paragraph||Is there a closing paragraph?||Done|
|Grammar, Style||Keep main and all subheadings in title case||Are all headings in title case?||Done|
|Ensure all sentences are grammatically correct||Are all the sentences grammatically correct?||Done|
|Information Accuracy||Ensure that all information provided is accurate||Is all the information provided accurate?||Done|