Acupuncture first appeared in China. This procedure belongs to traditional Chinese medicine. According to the teachings, it is believed that when the circulation of any fluids in the body is disturbed, this or that kind of pain occurs. Quite often acupuncture in New York is used for relieving headache, joint pain, discomfort in the back and extremities. In the past, such an area as acupuncture was only common in Asia; today you can easily sign up for acupuncture in the United States. Firebird Acupuncture Center for Oriental Medicine, allows New Yorkers to sign up for an acupuncture session.
The principle of acupuncture
Acupuncture therapy affects certain points in our body which are connected to the flow of energy. Such points are located all over the body, which makes it possible to influence one or another organ.
First, the specialist finds out what is bothering the patient, and then he inserts very thin needles into certain points. The effect on these points helps:
- restore the disturbed flow of energy;
- promotes blood flow to the affected area, which helps relieve pain;
- the insertion of a needle into a certain area of the body, gives an impulse of irritation, which leads to muscle irritation and pain relief;
- Stimulation of the nervous system, which leads to improved well-being.
Preparing for an acupuncture session
In order for a specialist in Chinese traditional medicine to conduct a quality session, it is necessary to determine the reason for treatment. For example, if you have a chronic disease, then you must take pictures, doctor’s statements, and diagnosis. This information will help acupuncture to be much more effective. Acupuncture can be done alone or in combination with conventional therapy.
Acupuncture at Firebird Acupuncture
A wide range of ailments can be treated with acupuncture at Firebird Acupuncture Center. An expert in Chinese traditional medicine, Maria Gorens has been helping her clients get rid of pain in one or another organ for over 25 years. In her practice, Maria uses an individual approach to each client, which helps to eliminate the cause of pain. The acupuncture procedure goes like this:
- the patient talks about how he or she is feeling and what is bothering him or her;
- If there are hospital extracts or CT or MRI scans, the patient provides them;
- Then, in a relaxed state, the patient lies down on the couch and the specialist administers acupuncture. Needles are inserted into the points that are responsible for one or another organ or system.
You can sign up for an acupuncture session in New York City on the Firebird Acupuncture website by filling out the form on the website. For those clients who want to undergo acupuncture therapy for the first time, a free telephone consultation is available for 30 minutes.