Chinese medicine has always been considered very unusual and effective. People from all over the world are studying its methods and theories. One very common one is point-of-life therapy, in other words acupuncture. Chinese acupuncturists say that the energy “Qi” circulates through a person and if there are obstacles in its path, the body weakens and begins to hurt. For quality and effective acupuncture therapy, we recommend contacting Cross-Up Chiropractic.
Types of acupuncture
Acupuncture is a very complex science. It has several types and is chosen depending on the disease:
- Acupuncture. This type is used to eliminate pain, relaxation, relieve swelling, and increase immunity. An experienced acupuncturist knows at what angle and how deep to insert the needle. There is no pain because the needles themselves are not sharp. They do not tear the skin, but rather push it apart. Patients usually feel drowsy and warm.
- Electro acupuncture. The essence is the same as in the first type, but the effect is more pronounced. The procedure itself is performed with the use of an electric current.
- Auriculopuncture. Therapy on the auricle with micro needles. It is believed that the ears are where all the endings of the organs come together.
- Auriculopressure. Exposure to the same ears, but with hands and fingers. Sometimes needles are used, but with a circular end.
- Acupressure. The process is aimed at relaxation, arousal or toning. Everything is done with the hands all over the body. It is a kind of massage, which aims to work on the biologically active points.
- Moxotherapy. This therapy is aimed at warming. Special mugwort cigars are used. It is very popular in China. A person feels no pain, because the effect on the points goes through special devices.
The acupuncturist chooses the type of acupuncture depending on the patient’s complaints and the presence of diseases.
Indications and contraindications
Acupuncture helps with many ailments. The main indications are:
- back problems (hernia, arthrosis, arthritis, osteochondrosis, tonic syndrome, neuralgia);
- mental problems (depression, neurosis, sleep problems);
- Allergies and respiratory problems;
- diseases related to the digestive tract;
Despite the fact that acupuncture is considered very useful and effective, there are some contraindications to it. These should always be considered before making an appointment for a session. Acupuncture is forbidden in pregnancy, mental disorders, tumors, acute infections, severe liver or heart disease. It is also not recommended to bring children under the age of 1 and the elderly over 75 for therapy.
In general, acupuncture is considered a safe treatment and prevention. If it is performed by a real specialist, there can be no adverse reactions. The only thing is local vascular damage (small bruises), but there is no danger.
The best way to understand if this treatment can be used is to consult with an acupuncturist at Cross-Up Chiropractic Clinic.